Monday, June 14, 2010

Sunday was breakfast on the farm!

Sunday morning we went to breakfast on the farm.
I had a chai tea before we left. (3 pts) I make it with skim milk.


At the farm I ate scrambled eggs, 2 slices of cinnamon bread with butter, a sip of orange juice, and 2 sausage links.  Not the most healthy breakfast, but yummy! (17 pts I estimated)
I also shared some vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries with the kiddo.
(5 pts)
I ate another cookie when I got home.  Why?  I don't know because they are sitting on the counter. (3 pts).

I worked from 3-11.  Since breakfast was around 11 I didn't eat lunch.
Dinner I made a salad with spring greens, left over bbq chicken, corn, tomatos, reduced fat cheese and topped it with lite ranch dressing.(6 pts).  I also had cottage cheese and an apple (3 pts).
I packed baby carrots but didn't eat them because I was too full.  I had the grapes on the way home. (1 pt)

It was a stressful night at work and I didn't get home until after 1 am.  I ate dinner at 4:30 so I was really hungry.  Along with the grapes I had - you guessed it -a cookie and some baked cheddar snack mix from the vending machine.
I am calculating the points now and could cry.  Why did I do this to myself?  The snack mix was 5 points.  I didn't plan ahead the last two days and it really shows.  I ate 21 flex points today didn't work out.  That is not good. 
Here's what I learned after analyzing this weekend.  Bad choices are made when I don't plan ahead.  I need to write down my food and figure the points before I eat something.  Often the junk isn't worth it.  On Saturday I should've eaten a more protein filled lunch after running to keep me from being hungry.  On Sunday I should've not eaten so much at breakfast.  Especially not the sausage links.  I don't really like breakfast meat and they are 3 points a piece.  Then after I got home from work I should've avoided the kitchen or maybe packed a bigger more filling snack to keep me from eating at home.  I was really tired and stressed from a long night of work.  Any suggestions for things to do other than eating in a situation like this?  It was late and I needed to go to bed, but I need about a half hour to unwind before I crawl under the covers.  What are your ideas?


3 comments:

  1. Looks to me like you should NOT make chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to right idea with planning ahead. Maybe pre-make snacks all set to go in fridge or pantry that you can grab and not have to prepare. And force yourself to sit down and eat...no eating on the fly, or reading or watching TV...just sit down, put your food on a fancy dish and have a glass of water and really taste your food for satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO true Michelle. I started reading this book called Intuitive eating and so far it has some good ideas. I'll let you know if it is worth reading. It is all about learning to listen to your body and stop dieting.

    ReplyDelete