Monday, June 14, 2010

Saturday - Bellin Run Day


I went to bed on Friday night around midnight.  Not ideal for a race in the morning but you have to do what you have to do...  I woke up around 6:30 and had a slice of homemade multigrain bread with peanut butter and a banana. (6 pts). 

It was a rainy cool race day... perfect actually.  It misted a few times during the race. Just enough to cool you down.  I love doing this race.  It is my 4th time doing it.  I've only missed one year since we moved here.  I haven't been running longer than 4 miles on my runs lately so I was a bit nervous about it.  I didn't have any goal in mind.  My plan was to run it slowly and enjoy it.  I truely did just that.  My slowest time ever 1:05.55.  That is on average 10:37 minute miles.  VERY SLOW!!!  I had a few issues physically.  I felt like I was going to crap my pants most of the race because my stomach was churning.  I think I didn't give my food enough time to digest. I also gained a huge blister on the arch of my left foot. My shoes aren't even that old but every time I run over 4 miles I get this same blister.  I think I need to make a trip to the running store to get refitted.  Mentally I was fine.  I listened to my i-pod for the whole race.  I'm not sure I liked that because I couldn't appreciate the crowd as much.  There was about 17,000 runners.  It is by far my favorite race ro run.  So overall I am satisfied with my run.  I think next year I'd like to try to run it under an hour.

After the race I had a granola bar and a banana (4 pts)
Lunch was a bowl of vegetable beef & barley soup, a roll and a glass of milk.  (6 pts)
I ate a cookie for a snack (3 pts)
I should've had a bigger lunch because I proceeded to snack all day.  I had string cheese (1 pt) and some twizzlers (3 pts).  I was supposed to work from 11-11 today but was put on call because we were slow.  This only hurt me because I was bored. 

I ate a late unpictured dinner from Qdoba.  I had a naked bowl with chicken, rice, black beans, salsa, sour cream, and cheese.  (12 pts) .  I also had some tortilla chips from home (3 pts) and guacamole (2 pts).  It was delicious!  I love Mexican or southwest food can you tell?!

I ate way too many points today due to poor planning.  I used 16 of my flex points.. but I did earn quite a few activity points after running 6.2 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment