Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Caution: Long boring food post

Saturday June 6

Breakfast was oatmeal made with 1/2 cup quick oats and 1 tbsp brown sugar (3 pts), a banana (1 pt) and a glass of skim milk (2 pts).
For a snack I had one Kashi Granola bar (2 pts) and 1/4 cup raisins (2 pts)
Lunch was a McDonalds Southwest Salad with grilled chicken and a half packet of southwest dressing (7.5 pts). I also ate one of the kiddo's chicken nuggets (1 pt)
Snack was 1/4 cup raisins (2 pts)
Dinner was a few spoonfuls of vegetable soup (0 pts) - the kiddo ate it all!! I had a chicken panini with spinach and cheese - I added tomato and onion from the hub's burger for more veggies. (I estimated 11 pts.)
For a treat later around the campfire I had 1 s'more made with 2 graham cracker squares (1pt), 1 marshmallow (1 pt) and 1 reeses peanut butter cup (2.5 pts) and it was AMAZING!!!
No workout today...
My total points was 34.5. I used 9.5 flex points.

Sunday June 6
Breakfast was a slice of homemade multigrain bread (2pts) with 1 tbsp peanut butter (2 pts) and 1 tbsp blueberry jam (1pt) and some grapes (1 pt)
Snack was some more fruit - honeydew melon, strawberries and blueberries (1pt)
Lunch was a scoop of pasta salad ( 5 pts), a hot dog (5 pts) and a slice of bread (1 pt). I snacked on some cheddar cheese and wheat crackers with lunch also (4pts).  I also had a diet pepsi (0pts)
Snack was a Kashi granola bar (2 pts)
Dinner was a 6" turkey sub on whole wheat bread from Subway.  I added provolone cheese, lettuce, spinach, tomato, onion, green pepper and cucumbers with lite mayo. (8 pts) .  I also had sun chips (4pts) and a diet coke (0pts).
The hubs and I went for a run/hike for about 30 minutes today.
My total points was 36.  I used 11 flex points.

I didn't do awesome these two days, but I am proud of myself for still keeping track.  It is hard to eat balanced meals when you are traveling.  It takes some dedication, but it can be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment