Thursday, May 20, 2010

Willpower is like a muscle...

Here is a quote I heard the other day and I like it.  "Willpower is like a muscle.  The more you use it the stronger it gets."

So I haven't been to fat class in 2 weeks.  It was very hard for me to go this morning because I knew I had gained.  I knew that if I skipped another weigh in it would be nearly impossible for me to get back on track.  I have been doing a lot of traveling the last two weeks and haven't been 100% accountable.  I gained 0.8 lbs or 1.2 lbs from my home weight. To be honest I expected more, so I'll take it and start this new week.  I took a challenge this week and took home the "community journal".  This means I have to track honestly and completely and go back to next weeks class to turn it in.  This is a good way to keep members accountable and most people who take home the journal have a good week.  Makes sense - you follow the program because you know someone is going to check up on you.  I needed this challenge this week.  I have been feeling really down lately due to the time of year.  I absolutely love this time of year because of the weather but I am dreading another summer being fat.  We are going to open the pool this weekend... that means bathing suit weather is just around the corner.  I hate summer clothes.  I would love to love them, but I can't remember the last time I felt good in a bathing suit or shorts.  I get depressed thinking about it.  I don't want to feel like this anymore...

This week I am going to work on building my willpower muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment