Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's day

It came and went.  I wanted to post about being a mom since it is the biggest part of who I am.  I love being a mom.  I always knew I wanted to be a mom, but I never knew how much until I had a child.  It is the most amazing, heart-filling, and challenging thing ever.  No one tells you how hard it is going to be and you will not ever understand how incredible it is until you experience it yourself.  I only have one child at this time and he can be very trying but I wouldn't trade it for a second.  He is helping me to learn patience which is a trait of mine that I have very little of.  He is helping me to slow down and enjoy the little things in life.  It is hard for me to not get frustrated when the house is messy, the laundry isn't done, and I don't know what to make for dinner...  I need to remind myself to sit down and play with him.  The chores will wait forever, but he will grow up and not want to play with me anymore.  That makes me sad and reminds me to slow down and forget about the lesser important things. 

Being a mom defines me in so many ways.  Every single decision I make involves my family.  I also know that I need to take care of myself first.  "A happy mom is a happy house" as the hubs always says.  This is so true.  I need to lead a healthy example for my child.  Everything is more manageable when I feel good about myself.  I also know that  my infertility issues can be weight related too.  I would love to have a big family and as of right now this just isn't happening.  I know that some things are out of my control and I have learned to accept that.  I still can do my part and take care of me.

4 comments:

  1. you are a wonderful mommy with an extraordinary child:) You are right, as of now you are his one "true love"...i need to learn from you as you seem to have more patience than I do:) And you are right as well, taking care of yourself makes everyone else happy, including you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very sweet Michelle, but I really feel like I have no patience these days. I really need to work on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Mother's Day card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it was late Mom. I even had it with me when I was home in my purse. I realized I never sent it.

    ReplyDelete