Thursday, July 15, 2010

The rug pulled out from underneath

Today the hubs lost his job.  It was  pretty much a total surprise.  We heard a rumor 2 days ago that this might be happening but it still isn't much warning.  It makes you think and it's a good lesson to not take things for granted.  He was doing very well at his job. He was the number 3 in sales out of 15.  It downright sucks really.  But we will be okay.  I have a great job and can easily pick up more hours.  This may lead to bigger and better things.  We aren't always the best with our money and this is a great lesson for us to build up our savings for emergency situations like this.  Bad luck comes in threes... He lost his wedding ring last week, now he lost his job... We'll just wait and see what the third thing is.  I had a sick feeling this weekend and couldn't sleep because I felt like something bad was going to happen.  It could be much worse though. 

I didn't weigh in today.  I will probably quit my WW membership to help save some money.  I did run this morning and I ate better today than I have in a long time.  Maybe this situation will make some good changes in all of us in many ways.

When life gives you lemons... make lemonaid.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good attitude. Thinks will work out. Half the battle (with anything- weight, jobs, life in general) is being positive and looking at the bright side not the negative. Sometimes its not easy to do but God will help you if you let him. God's plans are not always our plans, but things do work out.

    ReplyDelete